“An easy and quick recipe for a marble pound cake!”
Original Recipe Author
Only a few things in life are better than a warm, freshly-baked pound cake with a cup of hot tea. When you’re done with the daily-life chaos, you settle down with a piece of cake, a book, and a cup of tea, and you feel like everything is fine again.
Whether you’re a veteran baker or a newbie, you won’t find it hard to bake this chocolate marble pound cake. It’s easy, fast, and delicious!
Chocolate Marble Pound Cake
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2¼ tsp. baking powder (10 g)
- 2½ tsp. vanilla sugar (10 g)
- ½ tsp. almond extract – optional
- 1 cup orange juice / 1 cup water + 1 tbsp. orange extract
- ¾ cup oil
- ¼ cup water
- Orange/lemon zest
- 3 tbsp. chocolate-milk mix
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee powder
- Grab two separate bowls and separate the eggs’ whites from the yolks.
- Add the sugar to the whites’ bowl and beat the mixture using a mixer until it’s firm. It shouldn’t be too stiff or peaky.
- Lower the mixer’s speed and add the egg yolks, then follow them with the oil.
- After adding the oil, add all the dry ingredients except the chocolate milk mix. Then, mix everything together at a low speed
- Add orange juice and water, then keep mixing at a low speed.
- When the mixture is blended well, split it into three separate bowls.
- In the first bowl, add cocoa powder along with the chocolate-milk mix you left earlier, and fold it in.
- In the second bowl, add a tablespoon of instant coffee powder, then stir well.
- Don’t add anything to the third bowl; it’ll serve as the white batter in the cake.
- Grab a 9-inch cake pan (24 cm) and oil it using a thin brush.
- Add the content of the three bowls to the cake pan, but don’t do it all at once. Drop the white batter first, then the chocolate batter, and end it with the coffee batter.
- Grab a skewer or any similar utensil and move the batter around to form the swirls of the marble cake.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C), then put the cake pan inside. Leave it to bake for 45 minutes. Then, check its readiness with a knife.
- If the knife comes out dry, it means the cake is ready.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Chocolate Marble Pound Cake is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!