chicken teriyaki bento box recipe
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 boneless chicken thighs (cut into small pieces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 cup medium-grain rice (Japanese or Arborio rice)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Cherry tomatoes
- snow peas
- sliced capsicum or other fresh vegetables of your choice
- To cook the chicken teriyaki bento box recipe, you should follow these steps:
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, ginger, and sugar in a bowl.
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a frying pan or wok, heat up a teaspoon of sesame oil and add a quarter of the marinated chicken.
- Stir often over high heat until chicken is dark, caramel-colored, and glossy.
- Adding more sesame oil if needed, cook the remaining chicken in batches.
- If using, sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over the chicken when it has finished cooking.
- In the refrigerator or freezer, place the chicken once it has cooled into small portions.
- Rinse the rice three times in a sieve, gently wringing and rinsing until the water runs clear.
- Place the washed rice in a bowl of cold water to soak for 15 minutes.
- In a heavy saucepan, add half a cup of water to the soaked rice and bring to a boil. The water should be covered with a lid once it has boiled.
- Cook for 14 minutes without stirring. After all the water has absorbed, the beans should stick together but not become mushy.
- Once the rice has cooled enough to handle, use wet hands to form serving-size portions and refrigerate or freeze until needed.
- In a lunch box or bento box, combine the chicken and rice portions. Choose any vegetables you like.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
*THIS IS WHERE THE RECIPE CARD SHOULD BE BELOW* ADD A NEW CARD EVERY TIME ** don’t use the existing recipe card because it will overwrite it!!!
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This chicken teriyaki bento box recipe is a part of our *category* , Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!