Chicken Chili With Potatoes
“A clear and detailed recipe for a chicken dish that is worth a try.”
Original Recipe Author
Sweet yet savory, flavorful and spicy yet light and tender, this chicken chili with potatoes recipe is a complete meal in itself!
The combination of spices, herbs, and honey allows for an aromatic plate that’s sure to please even the pickiest of palates!
Also, mashed potatoes and chicken is a classic combo to cook up on cold winter days when your family wants something hearty yet comforting.
The ingredients are easy to find, the instructions are simple to follow, and, the best part, you can do it in under an hour! Let’s check out how!
“Yesterday when I was looking for what to make for today, your recipe appeared.
It came out perfect, thank you very much!”
Chicken Chili With Potatoes
- 12 medium-sized red potatoes (unpeeled)
- 6-8 dark chicken cutlets (halved)
- 1 package champignon mushrooms (cut into strips (250 g))
- 1 large onion (cut into strips)
- 1 purple onion (cut into strips)
- 4 tbsp. canola/olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. date syrup
- ½ tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. chicken soup-mix
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 1 tbsp. dry parsley
- 1 tsp. dry basil
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (Chinese style)
- 1 tbsp. chili sauce
- 1 cup boiling water (8 oz.)
- 1 tbsp. honey (for glazing before putting in the oven)
- Thoroughly wash your unpeeled potatoes.
- Place them in a large pot filled with water and one teaspoon of salt.
- Cook the potatoes until they’re soft. You can check by poking one of them with a knife; if it goes smoothly, you’re good to go.
- Take out the potatoes from the pot and strain.
- Leave them to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Place the potatoes on a clean, flat surface, then, using a meat tenderizer, lightly pound the potatoes and set aside.
- Fry the onions in a wide, low pot until they turn golden.
- After that, add the minced garlic and stir well.
- Once everything is well combined, drizzle the date syrup and add the brown sugar.
- Fry for another minute, season with paprika and turmeric, and stir again.
- Place the dark chicken cutlets in the pot and fry them for about 2 minutes on each side.
- As the chicken changes color, add the smashed potatoes and stir.
- Sprinkle the salt, black pepper, soup mix, dry parsley, and basil in the pot, then add a cup of boiling water.
- Let everything cook for about 2 minutes before adding the sauce.
- Now, cover the pot and cook again for 15–20 minutes on low heat.
- Adjust the flavor if needed.
- If you can, we recommend shaking the pot from side to side to ensure everything is well combined.
- Once the time is up, add the mushrooms and continue cooking for another few minutes.
- As the liquid reduces, sprinkle in the dry parsley and drizzle a spoon of honey over the entire stew.
- Place the pot in a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) with convection for about 5 minutes to give it a nice, golden color.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Chicken Chili With Potatoes is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!