Easy Cheese and Onion Pie
Nutritious hassle-free recipe that anyone can make on the first try
‘Cheese and onion pie is the ultimate comfort meal; your kids will love you for it!’
Original Recipe Author
Pies are delicious, but they’re often hard to make, which is why they’re not a common choice for quick dinners. What if we told you there’s an easier-than-ever cheese and onion pie recipe?
Cheese and onion pie is the ultimate comfort meal; your kids will love you for it!
Table of Contents[Hide][Show]
Why this Cheese and Onion Pie is A MUST-try:
Easy Cheese and Onion Pie
Nutritious hassle-free recipe that anyone can make on the first tryRate
- 2 large white onions
- 1 large purple onion (or another white onion)
- 3 scallion stalks (sliced)
- ½ cup champignon mushrooms (sliced (optional))
- 9 oz. cottage cheese (or quark creamy soft cheese)
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whole-spelt flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4 oz. shredded cheese
- 3 scallion stalks (chopped)
- Grab the onions, both purple and white, and peel them. Then, cut them into halves, and cut these halves into half-moon slices. You can choose the thickness according to your preference, but don’t make them too thick.
- Grab a bowl and put the onions you just chopped, along with the scallion. Then, add the batter ingredients and stir the mixture using your hands.
- Grab a large baking pan and oil it using a brush. Don’t go over the top with the oil; add just enough to cover the bottom and prevent the ingredients from sticking. Then, add the ingredients, patting them down with your hands to get a uniform surface.
- Cover the pan, and leave it to rest for 30 minutes.
- When the 30 minutes pass, uncover the pan and add your shredded cheese on top of the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, then push the pan inside and leave it for 60 minutes.
- When you take it out, put some chopped scallion on top, then let it cool for a couple of hours before serving it. If you’re short of time, you can leave it for an hour.
- If you want to take this recipe to a whole new level, you can put leek slices on the pie before adding the shredded cheese on top. It’ll add a slightly spicy flavor that’ll go perfectly with the cheesy bites of the pie.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?We’d love to know how it turned out! Please let us know by leaving a review below. Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag us @sharethecook
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Cheese and Onion Pie is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!
Leave a Reply