“Nothing is easier than this salad. Chop, mix, and within a few minutes, you get a celery salad.”
Original Recipe Author
Conventional salads can be pretty bland. That’s why you should try our celery salad recipe. It’s sweet and tangy, with a satisfying crunch. So, it’s the perfect side salad for a barbecue or even a fancy dinner!
Celery Salad Recipe
- 1 celery head (rinsed (stalks and leaves))
- 3 Granny Smith apples (peeled)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. sugar (recommended to melt in ¼ cup boiling water)
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- First, wash the celery and chop it into bite-sized pieces.
- Next, remove the apples’ cores, cut them into quarters, then thinly slice them.
- Lastly, add all the ingredients to a large bowl and thoroughly mix.
- Optional: Topping the salad with honey-glazed pecan might significantly upgrade it and add a satisfying crunch.
- Don’t be surprised by the amount of sugar! The sweet taste complements the salty, bitter flavor of the celery, making for a delicate, unique taste.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Celery Salad Recipe is a part of our Salad Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!