“Quick and tasty crunchy vegetable pancakes that come together in minutes!”
Original Recipe Author
Do you feel that you aren’t eating enough veggies? Do you struggle to increase the vegetable intake of your little ones?
The mouthwatering carrot zucchini fritters can be served as an appetizer or a quick snack. They can also be a lovely side dish for any protein-based dinner meal.
All the ingredients are pretty straightforward, and that’s not even the best part. You can also swap them for other veggies to add a new taste to your recipe.
The softness and sweetness of the carrots create the perfect balance with your zucchini, and you can add your favorite spices to prepare a plate rich in minerals and vitamins. Top them with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt, and you’ll have a healthy meal that everyone will love.
Try these vegetable pancakes with spinach, mushrooms, or some bacon and cheese for a new taste.
Carrot Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- 2 large zucchinis (grated)
- 1 large onion (grated)
- 2 medium-sized carrots (grated)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 6 stalks scallion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp. flour
- Start by grating your zucchini and carrots using the large holes on the grater. You can also shred them in the food processor, making sure that they stay chunky.
- Season your grated vegetables with salt to release the liquids, and set them aside for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze all the liquid out of your veggies. This step is crucial as it affects how crispy your fritters will be. With too much water, they will be soggy and might break.
- Add chopped onions, scallions, and minced garlic to your vegetables and mix well.
- Once you’ve mixed all your vegetables, add your spices, baking powder, flour, and eggs. Keep stirring until you have a homogeneous sticky mixture that you can easily shape.
- Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan.
- Shape your vegetable fritters into balls and add them to the frying pan. Flatten them out using your spoon, ensuring that they don’t break.
- Fry your fritters for three to four minutes and then carefully flip them onto the other side. Flip them again if necessary, until both sides are crispy and golden.
- Transfer your fried fritters onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve your carrot and zucchini fritters with Greek yogurt, Tzatziki sauce, honey mustard, or sour cream.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Carrot Zucchini Fritters Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!