“A fresh salad to tease your palate in the summertime!”
Original Recipe Author
A fresh salad to tease your palate in the summertime!
Did you know that cabbage, carrots, and cranberries work exceptionally well together?
Add in some mayo dressing and walnuts to tie the dish together, and there you have it: a hydrating cabbage salad recipe.
All in all, it’s a very minimal salad that can make any main course sing.
Let’s take a look at how you can perfect this dish!
“A great recipe for a delicious salad, thank you.”
Making this cabbage salad recipe with cranberries is as easy as it sounds. No special culinary skills are needed for today!
Tasty Cabbage Salad Recipe With a Cranberry Twist
Get your shopping list ready. Here’s a list of the ingredients you’ll need for this salad:
- ½ white cabbage
- 2 fresh carrots
- ½ a bundle of dill
- A handful of cranberries (fresh or dried)
- A handful of coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or adjust to taste (45 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup soy sauce (2 fl oz/66.2 g)
- ¼ cup white vinegar (2 fl oz/57.5 g)
- A sprinkle of sesame seeds for garnishing
Let’s take a look:
- Chop the cabbage into thin strips
- Grate the carrots with a coarse grater
- Chop the dill into fine pieces
- Mix all the vegetables in a large bowl
- Add the mayonnaise
- Season with salt and pepper
- Use equal parts soy and vinegar for the dressing
- Marinate the salad for a couple of hours in the fridge
- Top with the cranberries and walnuts right before serving
- Sprinkle the sesame for garnish and texture
Set Aside Time for MarinationIf you’re in a hurry, you can skip the marination step entirely and just serve the salad immediately. However, letting the vegetables sit in the dressing for a while really boosts the flavor, and it’s worth the wait.
Adjust the Dressing to Your LikingFor the dressing, the amounts mentioned are just a base value. Feel free to adjust the ratios as you see fit. If you want a little more creaminess, add more mayonnaise. If you want extra sourness, increase the vinegar portion.
Don’t Ruin the Nutty TextureIn this cabbage salad recipe with cranberries, walnuts play a critical role in balancing textures. Without them, the dish might feel bland and mushy, especially if you used fresh cranberries. If you put the nuts in too soon, they absorb moisture and end up soggy. So, make sure to keep this step till you’re ready to serve.
Final ThoughtsThat’s a wrap on our refreshing cabbage salad recipe with a surprising cranberry twist. Pair it with savory main courses and carb-rich entrees for maximum effect. Alternatively, the salad works well as a standalone snack for those lazy couch days. Just because you’re feeling snackish doesn’t mean you have to eat junk food!
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Cabbage Salad Recipe With Cranberry Recipe is a part of our Salad Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!