“Cut fan-shaped cauliflower, that can be either fried or oven-roasted.”
Original Recipe Author
How to make veggies delicious?
This is a famous question mainly asked by parents trying to get their children to eat their vegetables and people trying to eat healthier.
If you happen to fall into either category, this is the right recipe for you. Cauliflower has always been in the lowest placement when it comes to taste.
Often bland when cooked and generally tasteless. It can taste a bit sweet or nutty, but that’s generally it.
Many don’t know that all it needed was a little bit of paprika and some sesame seeds for an enhanced nutty taste mixed with the smokiness of the baking process.
Feeling your mouth water yet? Let’s give this recipe a try and see if the kiddos or you would like it!
Breaded Crispy Baked Cauliflower
- 1 whole cauliflower (rinsed and cleansed)
- All-purpose flour (in a plate)
- Breadcrumbs (in a plate)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. red paprika
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Clean your cauliflower by rinsing it well.
- Boil a large pot filled with water and a teaspoon of salt.
- Add the cauliflower and let it soak for about eight minutes.
- Once the time is up, carefully pull the cauliflower from the water so it doesn’t break apart. You can use a big spoon or slotted turner to scoop it up with the aid of another fork or spoon for balance.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes
- Slice using a sharp knife into ¾”–1” (2–3 cm) thick, fan-shaped slices.
- Add the all-purpose flour to a bowl, then dip each cauliflower piece in and cover them well from all sides with the flour.
- Add the egg, three tablespoons of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, ½ teaspoon of red paprika, and two tablespoons of sesame seeds to a large bowl and mix everything with a fork.
- Take each piece of cauliflower and dip it in this batter for a few minutes. Make sure they’re completely coated from all directions!
- Fill a third plate with breadcrumbs.
- Dip the cauliflower in the breadcrumbs and rotate them around to get a thin coat covering them.
- For those who like the smokey taste of baked foods, line a baking pan with parchment paper, oil it lightly, place the cauliflower on top, then bake both sides at 375°F (190°C).
- If you like it fried, simply add them to a hot frying pan until they turn golden, then move to a paper towel to soak up the oil and enjoy!
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Breaded Crispy Baked Cauliflower is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!