“Tasty bread that pairs incredibly with every dip, salad, side, and main dish you can think of!”
Original Recipe Author
Garlic bread is related to bruschetta, which originated in Medieval Italy and probably goes back to Ancient Rome. It’s a staple in all Italian restaurants, but it can be served with almost every recipe you can think of.
This tasty bread has a crunchy, garlicky exterior with a soft interior that soaks up all the flavors from the butter and seasoning. Think of something that you can use to scoop pasta sauce, add a crunch to a salad bowl, allow you to enjoy a cheesy dip, or serve next to your BBQ and poultry dishes. Garlic bread will always come up as a fast and tasty suggestion.
Of course, you can use a store-bought baguette to prepare garlic bread, but nothing beats the aroma of this bread for garlic bread recipe, and it’s quite easy to prepare with guaranteed exceptional results.
Bread for Garlic Bread Recipe
- 15 oz. lukewarm water (450 ml)
- 2 tbsp. yeast
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 6 oz. oil (180 ml)
- 2 lbs. flour (sifted (1 kg))
- 1 egg
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic (minced)
- Chopped parsley
- Get all your ingredients ready.
- Bring a bowl and pour the lukewarm water in it.
- Add the yeast, sugar, salt and oil to bowl and mix using a whisk or a fork.
- After than add the flour and start mixing a bit then crack the egg into the dough mixture and continue kneading.
- Prepare the dough by kneading the ingredients until they’re perfectly mixed. The perfect kneading time is around 10 minutes, and the dough will become shiny and harder to work with.
- Let the dough rest and rise for one hour.
- Do the poke test by flouring your finger and slightly poking the dough. If the indent stays, then your dough is ready to be baked.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and divide your bread dough into balls.
- Place the bread balls on the baking sheet and leave spaces between them, or they will stick together.
- Mix the ingredients of the garlic coating in a bowl.
- Use a brush to cover the dough balls with the coating, then let the dough rest and rise for half an hour.
- Bake in a convection oven set to 375°F or 190°C for 20 minutes or until the bread is ready and golden.
- Serve next to your favorite dish, or enjoy your garlic bread on its own.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Bread for Garlic Bread Recipe is a part of our Sides Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!