Granmas' Beef Stuffed Potato Dumplings Recipe
“A perfectly delicious flavor experience”
Original Recipe Author
Cooking Libyan dumplings is one of the most delicious ways you can explore the country’s cuisine. The exceptional flavors will simply make your day!
From grandma’s recipe collection to your kitchen, these beef stuffed potato dumplings taste perfectly crispy, rich, soft, and spicy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the term for stuffed potato dumplings ?
Can I make a sauce for the dumplings?
It pairs perfectly with lemon sauce.
Is there no egg in the mashed potatoes?
Can I oven-bake instead of frying?
As long as the dumplings aren’t very big, you can bake them at 350°F(180°C) until golden.
Read also: Oven Baked Asado
beef stuffed potato became my #1 Recipe. Perfect!
Read also: beef stew with mushrooms Sauce Recipe
Granmas’ Beef Stuffed Potato Dumplings Recipe
Ingredient of stuffed potato dumplings
- 5-6 potatoes (whole with skin on)
- Soup mix
- Black pepper
- 10 oz. ground meat 300 g
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- A handful of parsley (chopped)
- Soup mix
- Black pepper
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 hard-boiled egg (grated (optional))
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup water (4 foz/120 ml)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
stuffed potato dumplings instruction
- Boil the potatoes whole with the skin on until they soften.
- Allow the potatoes to cool.
- Peel the potatoes with your fingers and mash well.
- Add the spices and mix well then set aside.
- Fry the onion until golden.
- Add the ground meat and stir well.
- Add the chopped parsley and spices. If you like, you can also add a grated hard-boiled egg.
- Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Grab a handful of the mashed potato mixture and flatten it on your non-dominant hand (left for most people).
- Place some of the meat filling in the middle of the flattened potato mixture.
- Gently bring the edges up so they wrap the filling completely.
- Tightly close the dumpling to prevent it from falling apart when frying.
- Beat the eggs and the water. If you like, add mustard.
- Dip each dumpling in flour and then in the egg mixture. Make sure the entire surface is coated
- Deep fry from all sides on a medium flame.
- Remove when golden and allow to cool on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon.
Read also: 10-Minute Crispy meat bourekas recipe, No Margarine, No Yeast
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Grandmas Stuffed Potato Dumplings with meat Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t want to miss!
Leave a Reply