“A recipe for roast beef that must be on your table – Simply a delicacy!”
Original Recipe Author
Hearty and flavorful, roast beef with mushrooms is a staple recipe for your Sabbath menu.
The mouthwatering look and rich texture already make for a deliciously fulfilling meal, but if you feel like taking the dish to the next level, throw chestnuts into the mix!
Read also: Baked Beef Asado Recipe with Herbs
beef stew with mushrooms It came out excellent!
beef mushroom stew recipe
- 1 meat chunk No. 5 (minute steak roast)
- 2 cans of champignon mushrooms (800 g you can also add chestnuts)
- 1 big onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 packet of Osem roast sauce 22g
- A pinch of salt
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon soup mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 5-6 whole allspice berries
- 3-4 dried hot chili peppers (Sudanese)
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- A handful of cilantro (chopped)
- Place the meat in a pressure cooker along with the whole allspice and bay leaves.
- Add water to submerge the meat and cook for 40 minutes.
- Let the meat cool down completely or better yet, keep it refrigerated overnight.
- Slice the meat.
- Cut the onion into strips and fry in a flat pot until slightly golden.
- Thinly slice the garlic and fry it with the onion for a few seconds.
- Lower the flame and add the spices to the pot then stir to mix.
- Add the roast sauce powder to a cup of hot water and then pour it into the pot.
- Add whole allspice, hot chili peppers, and bay leaves.
- Transfer the meat slices to the pot and add the mushrooms on top.
- Pour an additional cup and a half of hot water so it’s slightly covering the meat.
- Cover the pot with its lid and bring the mixture to a boil.
- After it boils, taste a bit of the sauce to fix it if needed.
- Lower the flame and keep cooking until the liquids are reduced and the meat softens. Make sure you shake the pot every few minutes.
- Exactly 2 minutes before turning off the heat, sprinkle the chopped cilantro.
Read also: Recipe for Stuffed Aubergine with Beef
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This beef and mushroom stew sauce Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!