Beef And Bean Stew
“Juicy with amazingly scrumptious sauce”
Original Recipe Author
If there’s one meal that we—and here “we” stands for humanity—agreed on, it’s stew! It’s one of the few dishes transcending age, culture, and borders.
Almost every civilization, with its modern and ancient versions, has had its rendition of this comforting concoction. As for which version we’ll discuss today, that’ll be the beef and bean stew!
This is the perfect dish to prepare if you’re having family and friends over or if you want a warm, comforting meal on a winter night.
To get started, put on your apron, head to the kitchen, and read on!
Beef And Bean Stew
- 2½ lbs. short ribs / thin rib (1¼ kg)
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 onion (cut into quarters)
- Bay leaves
- 2 cups wheat
- 2 cups beans (or chickpeas)
- 4 potatoes
- 4 small yams
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. chicken soup mix
- Some black pepper
- 2 tbsp. date paste (optional, adds color and taste)
- Water (as much as needed)
- One day before you start this recipe, place the chickpeas and beans to soak in a water bowl.
- Remember to change their water every few hours until it’s time to use them.
- The next day, start by frying the onion quarters with ¼ cup of oil in a deep pot.
- Add the meat chunks and bay leaves, and fry for 30 minutes on both sides as the onion starts changing colors.
- When the meat gets darker, add water until it covers the chunks’ height and bring it all to a boil.
- Bring the heat to medium, and cook the meat for about 40 minutes.
- Now, there are two techniques for the following step: One is to continue cooking the stew on the beef gravy, and the second is to strain the sauce and make an entirely new pot with other ingredients and species.
- We recommend cooking the stew on the beef gravy if you’re using fresh meat, especially short ribs or neck.
- If you’re using frozen roast or a cut other than the previously mentioned, it’s best to strain the gravy and start a new pot with other ingredients and spices.
- Once you’ve picked out your technique, it’s time to make the stew by frying some chopped onion with oil in a deep pot.
- After that, slowly add the legumes and gently stir.
- Once everything is well combined, add the spices and stir again to blend everything.
- Then, add the meat chunks with four cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Bring the flame to medium heat and cook for another 20 minutes.
- After the 20 minutes are up, add the potatoes and keep cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Add the yams to the pot and monitor the liquid—if needed, pour another half a cup.
- Turn the heat down to low and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Finally, your stew is now done! Cover the pot, place it on a hotplate, and serve the next day.
- Keep an eye out for the liquids around, and, if needed, add only boiling water and add hard-boiled eggs.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Beef And Bean Stew Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!