Baklava With Puff Pastry
“Sweet homemade baklava, a super easy recipe!”
Original Recipe Author
How do you feel about introducing new desserts to your kitchen table? And no, we don’t mean just any dessert; we’re talking about new flavors from the old Ottoman Empire itself!
The baklava is a light yet flavor dessert that originated right in the heart of the Ottoman Empire, and it’s one of the sweetest desserts you could try!
So, let’s head to the kitchen and see how you can whip up this Baklava with puff pastry!
Baklava With Puff Pastry
- 1 package phyllo dough sheets (500 g)
- 1½-1¾ sticks butter (melted (150-200 g))
- 1 lbs. almonds/walnuts (ground/chopped (450 g))
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 4 tbsp. light brown sugar (or white)
- Some lemon zest
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Start your recipe by combining the lemon zest, brown sugar, and cinnamon with the almonds/walnuts in a bowl.
- Leave the mixture to rest on the side, and move to the phyllo sheets.
- Place one of them gently on a clean, smooth surface and, using a pastry brush, spread melted butter on its surface.
- After that, place another sheet on top and brush its top with the melted butter.
- Once everything is oily enough, place 3–4 tablespoons of the nuts mixture you created on one side of the sheet.
- Spread the mixture on whatever side you choose and roll it into a tight roll.
- Then, take the roll you made and palace it in a baking pan.
- If the roll is longer than the pan, just cut the ends and set them aside. If you don’t want to do that, you can try squeezing the roll to fit inside the pan. However, while this will help it fit, it’ll cause creases at the top part of the roll.
- Repeat steps 3 through 7 until you have a pan full of rolls.
- Before placing the pan in the oven, take your pastry brush one more time and brush the top with melted butter.
- After baking the baklava, it’ll be hard to cut them neatly. So, cut the rolls into the desired size with a sharp knife.
- For the perfect golden baklavas, simply bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 25 minutes.
- To make the glaze, combine all the ingredients in a small pot and boil them until the sugar has melted completely.
- Once done, pour the glaze on the baklava as soon as you take it out of the oven.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Baklava With Puff Pastry is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!