“Looking for a simple, healthy, and tasty meal? Oven-baked tilapia fillets with yams are the answer!”
Original Recipe Author
This recipe for oven-baked tilapia fillets and yams is a must-have in your repertoire if you want to eat healthy without compromising on delicious taste. The tilapia fillets and yams are drizzled with an appetizing sauce that’ll have your taste buds wanting a never-ending supply!
Do you know what the best part is? This recipe is a breeze to prepare, taking no more than 30 minutes.
Baked Tilapia Fillet with Yam Recipe
- 6 tilapia fillets
- 4 tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 bell peppers (cut)
- 3 green hot peppers (cut)
- 1 garlic head (peeled and sliced)
- 1 yam (cut)
- ½ cup oil
- Dry cilantro
- 2 tbsp. sweet paprika
- ¾ cup chili sauce
- ¼ tsp. black pepper (to taste)
- ½ lemon (squeezed)
- A pinch of salt
- Douse the tilapia fillets in a mixture of water, lemon juice, and kosher salt for 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic, hot peppers, bell peppers, and yams to a pyrex baking pan.
- After rinsing the tilapia fillets, place them in the pan on top of the veggies.
- Mix the sauce ingredients thoroughly in a separate bowl and drizzle them over the fish.
- Pour one cup of hot water over the fish in the baking pan and bake in the oven at 400°F (200°C) for 20-30 minutes. Spoon some sauce on the fish every now and then to maintain the moisture.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Baked Tilapia Fillet Recipe is a part of our Lunch Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!