Applesauce Crumb Cake Recipe
“Indulge in the sweet and crumbly cake with hints of caramel from brown sugar and the richness of applesauce!”
Original Recipe Author
This applesauce crumb cake recipe combines the sweetness and nuttiness of brown sugar with the intense flavor of the applesauce in a crumbly and rich cake.
This recipe is perfect for dessert lovers who prefer their treats less sugary. The applesauce offsets the cake’s sweetness with its tangy, fruity essence, while also maintaining its moist, rich texture, making it seem like you’ve dedicated hours to crafting this delectable dessert.
In this recipe, we don’t rely on store-bought, preservative-laden applesauce. Instead, we whip up a wholesome homemade version that’s sure to win everyone’s hearts.
Why this Applesauce Crumb Cake Recipe is A MUST-try:
“I accidentally forgot to add the sugar, so the cake’s sweetness was based only on the apples’ and raisins’ sweetness, and the cake came out amazingly delicious. Thank you!”
Applesauce Crumb Cake Recipe
- 3 cups flour (sifted)
- ½ cup vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2¼ tsp. baking powder (10 g)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1½ tbsp. vanilla sugar (20 g)
- 1 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 8 apples (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup sugar (or ½ cup natural date syrup)
- A handful of raisins ( optional)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- ½ cup water
For the Dough:
- Prepare a mixing bowl and mix the egg and oil.
- After that, start sifting the flour over the egg mixture.
- Add the rest of the cake ingredients and start mixing, until the dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into three.
Preparing the Applesauce:
- Start by washing the apples, then start peeling them.
- Now grab a fine grater and grate the apples.
- Prepare a small pan and cook the apples with one cup of sugar, 1 tbsp. Cinnamon, and an optional handful of raisins.
- Cook them on medium heat so it doesn’t get burned.
- When done cooking set it aside and let it cool down a bit.
- Finally, divide the applesauce filling into 2 parts, and proceed to the layering process!
Layering The Cake:
- Grab a baking pan and oil it slightly.
- Start by evenly spreading the first layer of dough on the baking pan.
- Follow that with a layer of applesauce with a sprinkle of finely diced walnuts.
- Now cover that layer with another layer of dough, applesauce, and finely diced walnuts.
- Finally, grab a grater, using the rough side, start grating the last portion of dough on top of the applesauce, making sure to cover everything.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Bake the cake for about an hour until golden.
- Prepare a hot cup of tea and serve!
- To summerize the layering stage it should look as follows:
- Base Dough
- Diced Walnuts
- Diced walnuts
- Dough crumbs on top
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Applesauce Crumb Cake Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!