“This awesome dessert we all like can easily turn to be healthier”
Original Recipe Author
While pancakes are some of the easiest breakfast options out there, they can get boring after a while.
If you’re eating the same batch day in and day out, you’re bound to crave something else! This leads us to wonder: how can you improve it?
Well, you can use a homemade almond flour pancake mix! Adding a little bit of almond flour and some tapioca ensures the pancakes have this delightful sweet flavor with notes of nuttiness.
All you have to do is switch out the old ingredients and check out the new ingredients below!
Almond Flour Pancake Mix
- ¾ cup almond flour (75 g)
- ¾ cup tapioca (100 g)
- 2-3 tbsp. honey (make one pancake and taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 7 fl. oz. high fat sour cream (200 ml)
- ½ stick butter (melted (50 g))
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda (at the end)
- Place all the ingredients in a deep bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Stop when the texture is smooth and thick—just how your regular pancake batter is supposed to look.
- If the batter is too thick, just use a little bit of warm water to dilute it.
- Place a Teflon-coated pan on the stove on medium heat.
- Pour a tablespoon or two into the pan without adding any oil.
- When you see bubbles forming, flip the pancake over.
- Repeat the process until you have a delicious stack ready to be enjoyed!
- Your batter needs to be in the middle ground between runny and thick—it can be either this or that.
- Even though the pancakes can come out lighter when the batter is runny, it won’t hold its shape in the pan. The batter must be thick and stable enough to spread out nicely in the pan but not too thick!
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Almond Flour Pancake Mix is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!