“Just 8 minutes to make: addictive thin almond cookies that go perfectly with coffee! Almond cookies just like the cafés make ‘em!”
Original Recipe Author
With only 8 minutes of prep time, these almond cookies are delicious just as they are nutritious.
Almonds are a rich source of vitamins and essential minerals. When combined with the yummy ingredients in this recipe, the result is scrumptious cookies that are the perfect way to start your mornings.
If you’re worried about not perfecting the taste, fear not. This recipe is straightforward and simple even for beginners.
“Super tasty cookies and very easy to make. Thanks for an excellent recipe!”
Almond Cookies in No Time Recipe
- 2 butter sticks (or margarine for a non-dairy version, softened (200 g))
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2½ tsp. vanilla sugar (10 g)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. salt
- Brown sugar (for coating)
- Start by removing the butter from the fridge an hour before baking so that the butter is soft.
- Next, combine the butter, sugar, and flour in a bowl.
- Knead the mixture with your hands until the dough is crumbly.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the brown sugar.
- Keep kneading the dough until it’s sticky and well combined.
- Divide the dough into two portions.
- Then, roll each section into a long rope-like cylinder with a diameter of a little more than a quarter-dollar coin.
- Generously sprinkle brown sugar on parchment paper, place the cylinder, then roll it up using the parchment paper.
- Next, place it in the freezer for half an hour.
- Remove from the freezer and thinly slice each cylinder.
- Place a new parchment paper on a cookie sheet and place the slices.
- Finally, bake the cookies at 325°F (160°C) for 10–15 minutes until slightly golden.
- When you first take them out of the oven, you’ll notice that these cookies are still soft. Yet, they quickly become crunchy when they cool down.
- So, it’s better to wait about 10 to 15 minutes for them to completely cool before devouring them. Then, while you wait, make some coffee to go with your delicious cookies.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Almond Cookies Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!