Pastry in just 5 minutes preparation
Excellent milky dough without puffing, Stuffed with halva
Super Delicious, Must Bake! ❤
Chef & Original Recipe Owner
Your mother-in-law is coming over for a surprise visit? Your friends decided to pop at your place for a gossip session? Forgot to make a dessert for date night?
No worries! Today’s recipe is perfect for when you’re looking to impress with your cooking, but time isn’t on your side.
This halva-filled pastry treat is easy to whip up and takes no more than 5 minutes! The dough is milky and rich (doesn’t need to rest/ferment), filled with a mouthwatering halva filling.
These delicious pastries are great for when you’re hosting guests, pampering the family, or you simply feel like snacking. Be warned, though, they’re pretty addictive!.
Amazingly Scrumptious 5-minute Pastry
For the dough:
- 1 egg (large)
- sugar (75 grams)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup farmer’s cheese (or 200 grams creamed cottage cheese)
- 3 tablespoons oil (sunflower, vegetable, canola)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (1 packet, 10 grams)
- ⅓ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups flour (200 grams)
- Solid halva, not spread (or any other sweet filling like chocolate)
- In a large bowl, add the egg, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the cheese, oil, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Stir in the flour and knead the dough until it has a smooth and soft texture that’s easy to work with.
- Divide the dough into 3 balls.
- For each ball, roll it into a 1/8-inch thin rectangle. Feel free to sprinkle some flour for easier rolling.
- Using a pastry roller cutter, straighten each side of the rectangle.
- With the same cutter, cut across the big rectangle to make 4 smaller rectangles.
- For each small rectangle, cut 5 lines longitudinally from the middle of the rectangle to one of its short sides. This will yield 6 strips on one half of the rectangle while the other half is still intact.
- On the intact half of each small rectangle, put a slice of halva.
- Roll each small rectangle to make the pastry shape.
- Place the pastries on parchment paper in a baking tray.
- Bake at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Wait for the pastries to cool down then dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
OH, AND WE ALMOST FORGOT!
This recipe is a part of our Dessert Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!