“Here’s a recipe for a non dairy chocolate snack that is healthy and super delicious,
made from 4 ingredients only and with your eyes blindfolded.”
Original Recipe Author
So, you want to make some delicious treats but don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen or using too many ingredients. We understand!
Making desserts can sometimes feel like a challenge with all the steps involved and the meticulous attention to detail.
Nonetheless, there’s one treat you can make, which requires almost zero culinary skills and just four ingredients: Our chocolate coconut date balls!
This little recipe takes little effort and time and leaves you with a few treats that not only taste sweet but are healthy!
So, let’s head to the kitchen to make some!
4-Ingredient Chocolate Coconut Date Balls
- 1 overripe banana
- 4 pitted dates (soaked in lukewarm water for 5 minutes)
- ½ bar chocolate (preferably 80% or more cocoa solids (50 g))
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- If you have a Ninja or an immersion blender, bring it out and use it to grind the overripe bananas and dates together.
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Take little chunks from the paste and form round balls.
- Lay the balls on the parchment paper, then place the tray in the freezer.
- Leave in the freezer for at least 9–12 hours or until you can take them off the parchment paper easily without any crumbling.
- The next day or after the time is up, add the chocolate to a bowl and drizzle a tablespoon of coconut oil on top.
- Microwave the bowl for about two minutes or until the chocolate melts completely.
- Remove the tray from the freezer.
- Take each ball and dip them one by one in the melted chocolate until they’re covered from all sides.
- Place them back on the parchment paper again. You can add peanut butter/almond butter/hazelnut butter on top if you’d like.
- Leave the date balls in the freezer for another hour to ensure they’re stable.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This Chocolate Coconut Date Balls Recipe is a part of our Dessert Series. Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!