“This pan pita recipe Baked uses no yeast, no water, and no additives! Soft and pocketed, it only calls for flour and potatoes! Anyone can whip up this tasty bread to elevate their meal.”
Original Recipe Author
Ready to pair your meals with a pan pita recipe Baked and fill up your home with the delightful scent of freshly-baked goods? Let me guess, you’re worried about the time and complicated steps?
This 2-ingredient pita bread easy recipe will save you the hassle! All you need to get perfectly soft, light, and hollow loaves are flour and potatoes!
This recipe comes super handy when you run out of bread or pitas, or you don’t have time to shop for a dozen ingredients.
I like to top my pita bread with butter or eat it with dips (hummus is my favorite!). I don’t add salt, but you can do that and it’ll still come out as flavorful as ever!
Why this 2-Ingredient pita bread easy recipe is A MUST-try:
I made them last night, and I couldn’t hold myself… came out PERFECT!!! I doubled the amount. Thank you! I enjoy seeing it and getting inspired by you!
2-Ingredient pita bread easy recipe
- 2½ cups flour
- 4 potatoes
- Peel and dice the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until they soften.
- Strain and transfer to a bowl.
- Add 1½ cups of flour and mix with a wooden spoon while mashing the potatoes.
- Once completely combined, add ½ cup of flour and knead into a smooth dough.
- Rub the dough with a little oil then cover it and let it rest for an hour.
- Heat up an oiled Teflon pan on a medium-high flame.
- Put ½ cup of flour in a small bowl and place it close to the stove.
- With floured hands, rip a piece of the dough (about the size of a big plum), dip it in the flour on both sides, and roll it out on a dry surface to a 0.08 inch (2 mm) thickness.
- Cook in the pan for a few minutes on each side.
- Remove onto a plate with a towel.
- Cover the pitas while they rest.
- You’ll notice the pitas swelling like a balloon then flattening down.
your time to shine:
Want a chance to feature on our site? comment down below or send us your pictures @sharethecook
Oh, and we almost forgot!
This 2-Ingredient pan pita recipe is a part of our Sides Series, Click NOW for more fun ideas you don’t wanna miss!